Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good News, Bad News.

"And if you ever feel neglected, just remember that everything is not lost."- Chris Martin


As you could tell from the title, I've got some good news and some bad news. I'll start with the bad news....


1. I'm not going to attend the New York Film Academy after all because they've raised their tuition to $24, 000 for one year and I obviously don't have that type of money to shell out. And besides, that's highway robbery!

2. One of my all-time favorite shows, "Life," was officially cancelled as of yesterday by the morons at NBC (But they kept that trainwreck called Heroes!). I guess it's a good thing that they shot the last season finale as a series finale.

3. I've officially cut all ties with Midtown Comics because of their attitudes and snotty remarks. (It was their attitudes with my grandfather in particular that played the last straw with me.) So, although to my dismay, buy from them at your own risk but I've chosen to take my business to Cosmic Comics on 23rd Street which is a better place from my point of view anyway.


And now for the good news....

1. My all-time most favorite TV series, Supernatural, was chosen as one of Wizard Magazine's Top 25 Best Televison Series of All-time! The show beat out the likes of Smallville, Heroes (Which wasn't chosen), Reaper (Which also wasn't chosen), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Which also didn't make the cut) and The Incredible Hulk (Yep, the legendary 70's series).

According to the magazine, Supernatural was placed right up there with the likes of The X-Files, Angel, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The original 'Star Trek', Quantum Leap, Lost, Battlestar Galactica and the original "Twilight Zone"! I think this small victory kinda prooves my point about how fantastic the series actually is.

2. I'm likely going to attend Hunter College to substitute the New York Film Academy.

3. I've passed the mark of 6, 500 comic books in my collection!

4. I saw the Wolverine movie three times last friday, saturday and sunday. I thought it was cool, much better than "The Last Stand" and I also got to see all three of the secret endings after the credits.

5. The script that I wrote for this month's contest at Supernaturalfanwiki.wetpaint.com has gotten all positive reiews so far.


Well, that's all the news I've got to update the blog for now. Maybe I'll do a montage next....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.