Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Watchmen: The Director's Cut.

"The whores and politicians will look up and shout 'save us' and I will wisper 'no.'"- Rorschach

I got up early today (12 PM! That's a big accomplishment for me!) and I made my way to Blockbuster to pick up the new Watchmen Director's Cut DVD and "Push," and after just getting through watching the new four-hour version of the Watchmen film I have to say that I'll never ever watch the theatrical version again for as long as I live.... and for good reason!

The absolute exstensive new vision that was brought along with the director's cut is no less than simply incredible. It features about an entire hour more than the original film and in doing so, makes for a better story.

From everything to Hollis Mason's death to added scenes of Rorschach, the director's cut is in alot of way's nearly, if not, one of the only films I've ever seen that I can truly call PERFECT and mean it.

Not only is the moral and message of the story of the Watchmen more heartfelt after viewing the director's cut of the film, it is even more memorable after observing every inch of detail that was poured from the pages of the comics onto the screen. In my opinion, I'd have to say that along with the Punisher Director's Cut, the Daredevil Director's Cut, and the Hellboy Director's Cut, the Watchmen's Director's Cut is far superior than the version that was released in the theatres.

And if counted, I'd have to rank this new version of the film as one of the top five comic book adaptions of all time.

Where the original version was gold, the director's cut is platinum.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.