Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom.

"The women in your time, what're they like?"

"Great Fighters." - Sarah Connor & Kyle Reese


My mom turned forty four today. Days like these are special for me, in a personal manner. I'm here today writing this blog entry because of the same reasons that I've ever been able to literally do anything in my entire life.... and it's all thanks to my mom, the woman who gave birth to me.

I can't think of anyone who's ever truly been there for me as much as my own mother has, especially during these past five years or so. I'm not gonna lie, every day hasn't been particularly all lollipops & candy canes, but the truth is: If every day were perfect, we'd have nothing to contrast it to. And that's important.

Through all of my worst heartbreaks, trying moments, and disappointments of all varieties, she's been the central person who's been there for me. That type of dedication isn't something you come across for decades, let alone, every day.

I owe my entire existance to my mother, and that's not something that I can ever live down. It's overwhelming, yet, beautiful to realize.

I always joke that my mom is like my real-life Sarah Connor; an unwarvering woman made primarily of strength. And that's the one thing that I'm always amazed by with her: Her undeniable strength. The strength to carry on past even the darkest and most hardest parts of everyday life, the strength to put up with so many things all at once, and defeat them all.

I love my mom. I've learned more from her in a few years than what most people don't seem to have gained in an entire lifetime. Truth be told, she's truly my own, personal, Sarah Connor.

Every moment that I live, and have ever lived, are all thanks to my mom.

She's a great woman, and an even more extraordinary person. I'm proud of her....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.