Thursday, November 12, 2009

In The Near-Future....

"Dress up this rotten carcass, just to make it look alive." - Trent Reznor


It's been a slow-but-creative week for me. I finally got around to starting the second volume of my "Supernatural" montage series, and I like what I've been able to make out of it so far. Speaking of which, I'm going to take a break from the Supernatural series for a very short while until I finish up my next big montage project featuring the characters of "The X-Files."
I've been excited (and silent) about doing the new mini-series for a while, and I finally have the means to do so, in an artistic way, with the legendary characters from the X-Files franchise, the way I did with the characters of Supernatural, Life, and Journeyman.

It should be interesting to see the characters come to life, of sorts, on this blog while still being able to tell a meaningful story with the lyrics from the montages.

In a weird, but fullfilling way, I'm hoping that the Supernatural series and The X-Files series will compliment each other, in some parallel way, on this blog the way they already have on television [since both have been made by the same crew behind the scenes, hence all of the inside jokes on "Supernatural"].

In fact, I've always viewed Supernatural kinda like a little brother to The X-Files; a legacy of sorts. Except Supernatural would be the kind of little brother to have surpassed it's predecessor.... kinda like me.

But anyway, I'm really happy and excited to at last, and finally, get to work on the new X-Files series!

Keep an eye out for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.