Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crystal Clear, Broken Fear: Part II.

"So much blood for such a tiny little hole." - Trent Reznor


The guy who killed my cousin is on trial for the murder. There are people who would tell me, or have told me, that I should be happy about that but I'm really not.

If anything, I feel absolutely nothing towards the guy or his trial. Whether he killed my cousin or not, his imprisonment or subsequent death won’t change anything; revenge itself won’t give me any comfort, and nothing that can ever happen to this guy will ever bring my cousin back, so at the end of the day.... I don’t care for a second about this man’s fate one way or the other.

I’m not going to chant for his death, and I’m not going to root for his freedom either.

There’s nothing anyone can ever do that can change the heartache that I’ve felt, the nightmares that I’ve dreamt, or the pain that I’ll never be able to recover from.

Like in “Punisher: War Zone,” when the widow of a slain police officer had mercy on Frank Castle for accidentally killing her husband, only a small group of people could understand why she let him live. I’m one of those people now, unfortunately.

Nobody will ever truly understand where I’m coming from until, or unless, they’ve undergone the same or similar kind of tragedy; something I’d never wish on anyone.

People thin they know who they are, the things they’d do if faced with certain situations. But none of it is true, it’s all just speculation.

Everything they know is wrong....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.