Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Green Day = Thieves.

"If you steal from one author, it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many, it’s research." - Wilson Mizner


Every so often, a person or entire party are found out to be nothing but small and petty thieves when the smoke and mirrors have cleared, and while I love some of Green Day's work, I have to admit: They're a bunch of fucking thieves. I first noticed it back in 2004 on American Idiot but I chose not to pay much attention to the facts - I merely pushed the thought of their blatant stealing as coincidence.

Since then, I've dug even deeper, and I've come to see that they've stolen alot of music from alot of different artists over alot of different years, without even once giving credit to any of the originators from which they'd borrowed from.

Don't think I'm being honest? Check this out....


Nine Inch Nails: "1,000,000"....



....and Green Day's "Know Your Enemy"





Not enough proof yet? Check this out....



U2: "Bullet The Blue Sky"....



....Green Day: "Give Me Novacaine"




STILL not enough proof of Green Day's thievery?


Check these "Similar" titles:

"Buddha of Suburbia" by David Bowie (1993)

And of course....

"Jesus of Suburbia" by Green Day (2004)


Can you believe that shit? They're like the Quentin Tarantino (FUCKING ASSHOLE) and Carlos Mencia (FUCKING ASSHOLE #2) of the music industry! And while they're not the only ones obviously guilty of stealing from other artists in the industry, they certainly are the most famous.... oops, I forgot about Led Zeppelin! :)


Anywho, just thought I'd point these things out before people continued calling Green Day "geniuses" once again, for work they never even created, just because they don't know a thing or two about true music.


What do you think about all of my findings? Let me know in a comment below....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.