Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Hurt Locker.

"You don't have to understancd here, to be here." - Charlie Crews


Last summer, Jason and I saw a really great movie - I hadn't even heard of it until the day we actually saw it, but none the less: The film excelled my expectations by light-years.

In all honesty, by the time "The Hurt Locker" was done on the big screen that hot summer day several months ago - there wasn't a doubt in my mind that I'd witnessed the very best film of the past decade. I mean it when I say it, too: THE. VERY. BEST.

My favorite war movie has always been Oliver Stone's "Platoon," but after seeing Hurt Locker just once, that all changed; it deserved to atleast be on par with Stone's film with a deservable tie between the two epic stories.

Whereas this newer movie tells the story of modern warfare and it's adrenalinated effects on the soldiers fighting in it, opposed to "Platoon," which told the story of the mental effects of the Vietnam War on it's particular soldiers.... my generation couldn't ask for a better war movie. And my generation doesn't have many, unfortunatley.

Anyway, the movie is up for the best film of the year oscar, and although I haven't paid attention to the Academy Awards in six years (to be precise), I hope that this movie takes the big award home - by beating out Avatar, of course.

We shall see, though....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.