Friday, March 12, 2010

I Keep To Myself.

"Your friends will always let you down, the girl will always leave." - The Devil (Reaper 1x06)


To be honest - and not to sound as apathetic as I truly feel on the inside - but, in my experience: Your friends always do let you down, and the girl truly does always leave. From my point of view, any other position just seems extremely naive and harmfully ignorant of the truth. It's just how I feel. And after so many experiences at a relatively young age, I've earned my right to my opinions.

But the thing is that it's not just friends, either: It's family, too, who always lets you down beyond anything you'd ever expect from them. I learned a very long time ago (LONG time ago) that people, even the ones you consider the closest to you, are the ones who'll stab you in the back or hurt you the most, more times than not.

I think my anti-social nature probably stems from the sandbox experiences of alienation during childhood, but in all honesty, it comes more-so from the disappointment over the years from untrustworthy and hidden agenda-minded peers, love interests, and family members.

I keep to myself for many reasons; most are which, alot of people couldn't even attempt to understand, but the biggest one that comes to mind is because of the pain I've constantly endured from all of the disappointments from so many people who I'd come to love for some reason or another, at some point in time.

Basically, I'd always had some sort of hope or expectation - not even huge ones - of the people who I cared for and loved, but systematically somewhere down the line, each person let me down in ways which defy description.

What is comes down to, the bottom line is this: I've never had much reason to be a social butterfly, or a happy-go-lucky optimist. And with that said, I wouldn't want to be one of those pretentious people because through all of my anger, angst, and apathy for the entire world: I've come to see things painfully clear.

 So painfully clear, in fact,  that it would just plainly scare any normal person - the kind of person who turns a blind eye to the harsh realities of the world in which we live simply because they can't handle it.

Nobody believes in results without seeing any, and my view of people has remained the same for that very simple reason.

My point of view is a dark, gloomy one - but can you really say that I'm not honest?

I'm not a nihilist. I just call it as I see it.... friends will always let you down, and the girl will always leave.

Can you honestly say you've experienced any better than I have?

Think about it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.