Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why I Never Celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

"The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra


For starters, the reason I never celebrate St. Patrick's Day - even though I'm part Irish - is because I hate the fact that most people don't even know who St. Patrick was, or the plenty fucked up acts he's guilty of committing.

Basically, my reason for hating the holiday and the man, himself, are very simple: Seeing as how he was a religious figure, he just had to find a way to shove his religion down the Irish's throats and convert them to Christianity.

Conversion of any kind is something I don't respect, in any aspect, nor is it something I'd ever blindly celebrate - especially with prior knowledge to the atrocities it's responsible for - which would add even more insult to injury.

Even more than the screwed up things St. Patrick had ever done, the thing I hate the most is ignorance; the ingnorance of his followers and celebrators, to be exact.

All religions, Christianity in particular, are filled with this disgusting hypocritical crap - but nobody ever stands up to it: They just sit back, turn a blind eye to it, and just plainly believe in all of it. It's rediculous.

Just as rediculous as people annually celebrating a mass murderer like Christopher Colombus (who didn't, in fact, ever discover America!).

At the end of the day, I'm just frustrated because nobody ever listens to a word I say. But what can you do, right?

But then again, I'm pretty sure I'm already preaching to the choir.

Maybe not....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.