Monday, April 26, 2010

Montage Series: "Bionic Woman".

"You can't go around assuming the worst in people." - Jaime Sommers


The thing that attracted me to the retconned version of the 70s classic televison show was the fact that is was, well, a retcon!

The unique thing about the updated, but short-lived series from 2007, was the fact that it played upon so many new-age issues from terrorism, to corruption, to things like the questioning of our own government's morality. In all, I actually liked the show quite a bit.

While, not only was there something really cool about the show, as a whole, but the way in which I approached this series was like none other before it: Instead of creating an individual character-study for each character of the show, I chose to focus on the story's protagonist, Jaime Sommers, while weaving other characters into her journey.

Even more unusual, was the fact that I approached the montages as a three-part origin story for the character, hence the sub-title that I chose: "The Education of Jaime Sommers".

On another note, behind-the-scenes, this montage series was the second in which I created over 90% of the series' photos using screencap software which expired right after I finished capturing all of the desired shots that I wanted (a greuling process that takes up to thirteen hours at minimum). Overall, though, I think this series came out much better than I'd originally expected it to....


Bionic Woman:

Live through something once, and it'll be with you forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.