Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving On....

"Moving on is a simple thing, but what it leaves behind is the hardest." - Dave Mustaine


I'm really saddened by my great-grandmother's passing, but I'm not torn apart by it. She lived a very, very, very long life and I can only imagine how tired she was.... I would be. I mean, it's like I said yesterday: Ninety-four years is a very long time to have lived.

And if, by any chance, there actually is a heaven? I really hope that she is in the most joy-filled state as possible. I'm really going to miss her; I hope that she's at rest, but most of all, I hope she knows that I tried my best to keep her here for just a little bit longer.

I'll always love my great-grandmother, she meant a whole lot to me, but I know she left this planet a very high note after a very long life.... and that comforts me. A whole bunch.

Death is always a confusing thing to me - for someone like myself - because of my personal (and very outspoken) anti-religious beliefs. But somewhere down the line, I'm a very hopeful person. I may come off as pessimistic, but at the end of the day, my biggest belief is that there's a reason for hope.... there's a strong reason for it's existence.
....

Moving on is hard, but it's always important to keep pushing forward on two-lane asphalt....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.