Monday, August 9, 2010

19.

"And I must be an acrobat, to talk like this, and act like that!" - Bono


And, as I've been pushing for a whole week or so: Today's my birthday! I'm nineteen now (or I will be as soon as 2:03 PM comes around). It's a nice feeling. Mostly, I've been in a nostalgic state of reflection ever since the clock transformed from 11:59 to 12:00.

And on another note - according to Google, I've been alive for 19 years (or in other words): 228 months/992 weeks/6,940 days/166,564 hours/9,993,852 minutes/599,631,164 seconds!

I'm grateful that I've had the overwhelming fortune and odds-defying luck to have made it this far in my life. I'm very lucky, in that way, because if there's one thing I've learned in my nearly two decades of life - it's that whatever time you get is luck. Mostly because it's "unbiased and fair," as Harvey Dent put it two summers ago in The Dark Knight.

So, in celebration of the gifts of life, here's to another nineteen years at which point I'll be 38!

(: Hmm.... I wonder what my future self is up to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.