Saturday, January 18, 2014

Not Your Chump.

"I have arrived and this time you should believe the hype." - Trent Reznor


One thing that really gets under my skin, probably more than anything outside of hypocrisy, is ungratefulness. I pride myself on doing what I can do for others - especially for those extremely rare types who've taken a special place in my heart or in my life's story but when my efforts are ignored, are underappreciated, or simply go unacknowledged it shouldn't come as some blind-sighting surprise to you when my future reactions towards you or anything to do with you grows into those of stoicism or nonchalance or a perpetual cold shoulder.

Admittedly, that learned reaction comes from years of mistreatment by past so-called friends, lovers, and family members but that's exactly what the past is there for: To learn from. And the error of my previous naive ways was putting up with the mistreatment from those who I once prioritized and eventually grew tired of going out of my way for. Personality complex or not, I won't be used like I used to be in the past.

Anyone who says they don't expect something in return for a deed is a liar. Plain and simple. Understand me: I'm not saying that because something is done for you that you have to be beholden to someone or that you even owe someone something outside of a simple "thank you," because you don't necessarily, but when you can't even take the time out to acknowledge what was done to make your life an easier or more enjoyable place to live in then you don't deserve a second's more worth of further attention or energy placed upon you because you're not worthy of any of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.