Saturday, April 4, 2015

Luck is For Losers.

“Don't allow your mind to tell your heart what to do. The mind gives up easily” 
- Paulo Coelho


People judge your success only in contrast to their own failures. Sort of like how everyone tried to push me into going the comfortable conformist route to college instead of working on my own projects. And had I been as naive and weak-willed as most millennials are, I would be stuck doing everything else outside of my heart's desire today which would've been way worse for me in a personal sense than where I've found myself on my own today.

But that's cool. Doing my own thing has worked out more for me than most of those who I've seen waste thousands on inflated degrees without a healthy job market to match their individual efforts and I have more to show for it than just the average experiences that anybody can have by sitting in a room being programmed by the opinions of agents to a system that's already been rigged with set limits to hinder their success on the traditional mainstream road to complacency.

Have integrity. Be yourself, believe in yourself, find your own way, and don't let other people's insecurities become your own. Especially not from those who've never taken the time out to support your passion anyway, let alone follow their own dreams. The world is like a hammer and people are like fragile glass bottles. Sometimes hammers smash bottles: Some shards break further, others become weapons.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.