Saturday, August 1, 2015

For The Underdogs.

I work a very thankless and grossly underpaid traditional job taking care of the mentally ill throughout the week, which leaves me to get my writing and blog work done during the weekends - something that I successfully complete every weekend without fail.

Most Saturday mornings, I want nothing more than to stay in bed and relax after working my ass off during the work week but then I always remind myself: If I can wake up every other morning to further someone else's cause and make someone else's corporation more money, then I can surely do so for myself. That reminder has remained the sole tenant of my work ethic since I began working my current job, especially now since a close co-worker and good friend of mine recently passed away after working thirty-plus years of his life on the job, only to sadly come out of it with nothing to show for it from the corporation that used him (as they do all of us) like a spoke on a wheel in the end.

Nobody will ever care about you or your dreams the way that you will. So, always keep your eye on your goals and never give up on what you want to do with your time in this plane of existence. If you truly want it, whatever it may be, then be patient: Every day that passes while you're working towards your ambitions is a day closer to making your dreams a reality. I don't have all the answers but maybe my words and experiences can help somebody else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.