Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Who Can You Trust?

"I'd like to stay but every day, everything pushes me farther away." - Trent Reznor


It's been an observation of mine that people only have integrity as long as there's nothing to lose or there's no controversy to be had. Nobody has the courage of their convictions and that's sad. The minute shit hits the fan or their positions are called into question, the same people who talk the hardest, most rebellious bullshit behind closed doors are the first to buckle at the knees and bow down to the values of the very people they claim to oppose. I've seen it play out a million times over from reptiles of many different shades:

The pseudo pro-blacks and hispanics who are easily browbeaten into submission when whites put them in check; The pseudo-liberal whites who smile in your face while secretly supporting proven racist politicians and policies like "Stop & Frisk" with their other buddies behind your back; The timid Indians who abandon you and/or throw you under the bus when their own coonish self-centered interests are threatened.

It's a tale that has repeated itself constantly across the board and it's experiences with inconsistent bottom-feeding douchebags like those which is why the concept of friendship has significantly declined in my life over the past few years: Because friendship should be an unbreakable bond like that of a reinforced steel chain, not a well to opportunistically be drawn from only when the getting is good and there's no price to pay for the comradery. And not to blow my own horn but I pride myself on being the type of person who is consistent across the board and simultaneously one who refuses to stab people in the back for my own personal gain (I guarantee that there's not a person reading this who can disagree) but make no mistake about it, I am absolutely not afraid to burn bridges once a person has shown me their true colors. I've done it to family and I'll do it to anybody else too. In fact, fuck burning bridges: I'll blow the bitch to oblivion just to prove a point if I have to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.