Friday, January 15, 2016

‎Deadpool Has Never Been PG13‬.

I'm a proud and excited expectant father of a baby girl, my firstborn to be, but there's absolutely no way I'd ever get behind this sort of thing. I don't believe in censorship and I especially don't believe in watering things down for children.

My parents let me watch "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and "Bad Boys" when I was four-years-old and, as an adult, I'm glad that they did. I ended up a grown man who's a hundred times more mature and well-rounded than most others my age. Whatever it is: It is what it is as a piece of art. And audiences should not have a say in the artist's vision. I believe that you'll either raise your children to deal with the world as it is or you'll raise them to be entitled and expectant to be pandered to: Just look at all the crybabies who've come to my page throughout the years to try and dictate the rules and topics of my own domain to me.

That said, business-wise you need to think long-term: Kids are kids for only a little while, they're adults for decades on end. I believe in making the product for the age of majority, not the minority; This way the shelf-life of the product will be everlasting. If you don't want your kids watching "Deadpool" then don't let them watch it, pop "Paul Blart" into the DVD player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.