Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tales of Frank Castle.

Frank (V.O.): I let you down, Maria.


I let you all down, all those years ago.


It's been years but I still.... miss you.


That day in the park....


....I still remember it, no matter how much I'd love to forget it.


That day was worst than all the years I was in 'Nam.


I'm so tired of all this shit.


The killing.


The suffering.


The torment.


I'm tired of it all, Maria.


They're like roaches. The scum don't go away.

Photobucket

I keep shining the light on the bastards....


....but the darkness keeps coming back stronger every day.


I've catered to the weak, the way you would've.


I've cared for the wounded, the same way you would've, Maria.

Photobucket

But the darkness....

Photobucket

....
it keeps coming.


I'm a soldier.


Even when I don't have to be....

Photobucket

....I'm always a soldier.


I've done things that you would've despised me for when you were alive.


I've fought....


....and fought....


....and fought some more.


Still, Maria, even after all that fighting....


....the bastards keep coming back for more.

Photobucket

Since you were taken, many faces have come....


....and many have gone.

Photobucket

The world is still the goddamn cesspool we were raised in, Maria. 'Nam didn't teach people a thing.


How am I supposed to change it?


Am I supposed to change it at all, Maria?


I've been killing for years.



This is all that I know.


It's my "mission."


I don't know if I'm good or not anymore....


....but I'm certainly not one of them.


I'm the predator amongst predators now.


Is this what you would've wanted me to do?


Would this be justified in your eyes, Maria?


Could you understand why I haven't been able to be the man you once loved?

Photobucket

I still catch myself when I wake up, thinking you're laying next to me.



I wish this was all a nightmare that I could wake up from but it's reality.


It's the only reality I've ever known.


I'm not the man you knew at one time, Maria.


I'm the face of fear in evil men's heart's now.


The man you knew and loved is dead, but his memories are still here....


Those are memories that I can't afford to have....


....not if these bastards are going to be punished for their trespasses.


Maria, I'm just so tired of this whole thing.


I'm so fucking tired.


I'm too tired of all of this....


....but I've gotta bring the fight to them like I did at Valley Forge.


I know there's no place for me in heaven with you and the kids after the things that I've done....


....but I could use a sign from you.


I need to know that this whole thing is what's right.


I have to know that the right thing to do is to protect those who are innocent, just like you were.


After that darkness killed you and our children that day, I swore punishment on it and those who followed it.


I swore once that those who did evil to others would come to know me well....


....and they have.


Even so, it's not enough and it never has been.


I'll be waiting for your sign, Maria.


Until then, I'll keep shining the light on these bastards.


Keep our kids safe, Maria.


Tell our daughter that I'll dance with her one day.


Tell our son that I'll play catch with him like I promised I would.


Tell them that I miss them....



"Tales of Frank Castle"

Written

By

DaiQuan Cain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.