Friday, May 29, 2009

Tales of Dan Vasser.

My name is Dan Vasser....

Photobucket

....and I'm a time-traveler, the last of my kind.

Photobucket

My wife calls me the "Journeyman."

Photobucket

I don't control when I go....

Photobucket

....but when I'm in the past, it seems as though I'm there to play someone's guardian angel.

Photobucket

It's not an easy life and I didn't ask for any of this....

Photobucket

....but I've come to accept my role as a traveler.

Photobucket

We all have our parts to play, I guess.

Photobucket

My travels have changed the lives of many.

Photobucket

I do what I can to make the world a better place....

Photobucket

....but there are rules to all of this....

Photobucket

....and I'm not supposed to change things other than what I've been sent back to.

Photobucket

Otherwise, guys like Aaeden Bennett return for revenge in the present. It's blowback....

Photobucket

....something like a butterfly effect, I guess.

Photobucket

I even had to fight myself once, in order to hold the line of the present.

Photobucket

When I said that my travels have changed the lives of many....

Photobucket

....that meant the lives of the people who I love, too.

Photobucket

My wife, Katie, has coped with my absence due to my travels.

Photobucket

She's been strong about everything.... stronger than I could ever be.

Photobucket

My only son, Zack, thinks that my traveling is "magic."

Photobucket

I'm crappy at it, but I'm doing my best to be the father to him that I never had.

Photobucket

My brother, Jack, thought for the longest that I was out of my mind....

Photobucket

....but I'm glad he came around eventually.

Photobucket

And lastly, there's my ex: Livia. She's been the strangest part of this whole thing.

Photobucket

To my surprise, she didn't die ten years ago in a plane crash as I'd thought.

Photobucket

And as things turned out: She's a traveler, herself, from 1948.

Photobucket

The weirdest part of all: While I track others, she tracks me.

Photobucket

To my relief, she's helped me on my travels, but then again....


....she can't control her jumps to the future, the same way that I can't control mine to the past.

Photobucket

That day when all of this started....

Photobucket

....I never would've expected for it to lead me into the life I'm living now.

Photobucket

I still don't know what to make of this ability.

Photobucket

I'm grateful to have the power to change lives the way I can....

Photobucket

....but on the other hand, I wish things were back to normal again.

Photobucket.

Katie....



....she's my love of a lifetime....

Photobucket

....and I wish she didn't have to put up with what's been happening to me....

Photobucket

....but in my heart, I know that what I'm doing is important, possibly vital somehow.

Photobucket

But it's my mind that's causing so much confusion.

Photobucket

I wish I had more answers than what I do....

Photobucket

....but I don't.

Photobucket

Jack would probably be better at this job.

Photobucket

He sees everything in black and white, being a detective, after all.

Photobucket

But what I'm doing has to be apart of something bigger....

Photobucket

....I couldn't live with myself if it weren't.

Photobucket

For a long time to come, I'll be helping people....

Photobucket

....and saving people....

Photobucket

....and changing lives....

Photobucket

....one travel at a time.

Photobucket

I'm a time traveler, but I don't know what the future holds....

Photobucket

....and even still, no matter what, I'll never break my promise to Katie....



....I'll always come home.

Photobucket


"TALES OF DAN VASSER"

Written

By

DaiQuan Cain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.