Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Supernatural of Supernatural.

"Of all the things we've fought, Dean, how many existed just because people believed in them?" - Sam Winchester


To put it simply: I'm past the bargaining point with Supernatural, simply because I love the show so very much. It'll always (ALWAYS) be my favorite work of fiction for the rest of my life. And I'm sure of that fact.

I've come to the point where I love even and only the very essence of Supernatural more than any other televison series, comic book, movie, novel, or story I've ever come across.

I love Supernatural.... more than my favorite movie: Heat, more than my favorite comic book story arc: Batman: Hush, more than - anything!

For more personal reasons than I could ever explain: It's the story of "Supernatural," which I feel, not only connects to myself and my life on so many levels - but also: To my own experiences, and my emotional spectrum which spans the course of many years.

While, no, I've never gone on a roadtrip and killed creatures of the netherworld with my big brother; nor, have I ever been murdered and subsequently resurrected, or had my fingernails ripped off on Christmas Eve by two Pagan Gods - I truly have dealt with alot of the same personal issues that have been presented in the series.

Not to mention, that I've pretty much had the same extremely close relationship with my own brother - a brotherhood which is only tied closer together by tragedy, an absent father, and a sense of hope - as Sam and Dean have on the show. It's a one-on-one type of brotherhood, a two man show - no more, no less - and that's the dynamic that's so relatable to my very life with my own brother.

But when you get down to the very essentials of what Supernatural is really all about: Brotherhood, Family, and Sacrifice.... those are things that I know about all too well.

It's still my personal belief that although something is fictional, it can be even more heartfelt and personal to a person than the things which are technically real. It's the reason why all the ancient texts of the world are still around today, and it's the reason why even the works of all religious fictions (as I consider them to be) are still thriving.

Supernatural means more to me than just a weekly series, and that's why it'll never fall out of the number one spot with me....


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.