Wednesday, May 19, 2010

20:02

"And, in the end, we lie awake and we dream of making our escape...." - Chris Martin


Ninety-four.... that's one hell of an age to go out on. That's a lot of years, and it's damn sure more than what most people get.

My great-grandmother passed away today; about half an hour ago. I gave her CPR as best as I could, I tried to save her.... but I couldn't. She was in cardiac arrest by the time the paramedics got here.

Of course, my grandmother (as usual) only made a mess of everything; made things worse. Her excessive crying, pretencious whining, and dramatic attempts at trying to get the paramedics to comfort her, truly made me sick. My aunt soon followed in her sister's footsteps. Adding to the mess: my grandfather's spinelessness, which only further allowed for their acts to continue on.

I'm gonna miss my great-grandmother, alot in fact, but I can see why she would rather die than stay around these people any longer. It's only going to get worse from here on out, surely, but I knew that this day had to come sooner or later.

My great-grandmother always called me her "baby boy": And there I was, up until the very end with her; right there at her side as she passed away: Always her baby boy and proud of it.

I closed her eyes right after she slipped away into wherever the place is that we go to in the very end. She died at 20:02 (8:02 PM).... but she'll always live on through me.

Another day, another way.... there's always another memory to be made somewhere. My great-grandmother made many happy memories for alot of people in her life, and I can only hope that I brought her joy in the (nearly) nineteen years that I've gotten to know her.

I'll miss her dearly, though, that's for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.