Thursday, June 3, 2010

CONCERTracion!

"My intent, every night, is very simple: It's to go out and perform a show that the audience will never fucking forget." - Trent Reznor


I've been to quite a few concerts in my lifetime.... and never once have I ever been disappointed by the artists who I paid lots of money (half of the time, luckily, thanks to good friends like Jason!) to see perform. Not once!

And since this blog is such a personal thing to me, I just thought I'd share with you guys some of the awesomeness I've experienced a few times in my life.


7.24.07: The White Stripes


8.6.07: MUSE


6.27.08: Coldplay


8.27.08: Nine Inch Nails


9.23.09: U2



Of all of the bands I've seen perform live, I'd probably have to give it up to U2 for putting on the most epic show I'd ever seen, with Nine Inch Nails being a very close second.

I think that just from looking at the video of U2's performance at Giants Stadium from last fall, their performance truly does speak for itself.... they've proven themselves to be the very best in the music industry, time and time again, and their greatness is no longer a matter of opinion (whether you like them or not), but it's one of pure unadulterated fact.

On a more broader spectrum: With the fulfillment of finally seeing the bands that I'd always wished to see play live after years of fantasising about it (especially U2, Coldplay, and Nine Inch Nails), it was like I had cut myself a little piece of heaven each and every time I got to see one of them perform. Each show was a dream come true for me. Of all: When I finally got to see my lifelong hero, Trent Reznor, do what he was born to do on stage.... it opened up a whole new meaning of the word destiny in my mind.

Anyhow, here's the scorecard (listed in accordance to my overall [and well known] list of favorite bands: U2, Coldplay, Nine Inch Nails, Staind, Green Day, Foo Fighters, The White Stripes, The Verve, etc.)....

Making The Grade
U2: A+

Coldplay: A

Nine Inch Nails: A+

The White Stripes: B

Muse:
B+

Well, with all of that said (at Four O'Clock in the morning, no less), I'm off to bed.... 'talk to you guys some more when I wake up. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.