Saturday, September 1, 2007

Acrobat (A Story of Commencement)

"We all need to believe in Heroes, Clark. And even the best ones are FAR from perfect."-Lex Luthor (Smallville)

This is a out-of-contex ( I skipped some lines in the song and I chose a few to quote and use) story that I created using the lyrics of U2's song "Acrobat" including various artworks from numerous artists in the Comic Book Industry.

This is about the costs of being a Hero.



"When I first met you Girl, You had fire in your Soul....


....What happened to your face of melting Snow?"


"Now it looks like this! You could Swollow it, you could spit it out, you could throw it up or even choke on it!"


"And you can Dream....


....So Dream aloud!"


"And you know that your time is coming around."


"So don't let these Bastards....


....GRIND YOU DOWN!"


"I'd Join the Revolution, if there was one I could believe in."


"I'd break Bread and Wine, if there was a Church I could recieve in."


"And, I must be an Acrobat to talk like this and act like that!"


"And you can find your own way out."


"And Dreams begin....


....RESPONSIBILITIES!"


"And, I can love."


"And, I can LOVE."


"And you know that the tide is turning around....



....So don't let these bastards grind you down!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.