Sunday, August 18, 2013

Browbeaten.

About a week or so ago, maybe more, I wrote about my recent decision to stop getting passionate about other people's causes but I didn't go into my reasons why.

It's simple: Because whenever I find myself outraged or passionate about a person or topic who's wronged me or offended me in some way, I'm routinely contradicted, doubted, or made out to be an over-exaggerator. After a while, that gets annoying and it would piss anybody off.

When I bring up my feelings towards people who approximate my culture for personal gain like the John Cenas, Miley Cyrus', Justin Timberlakes, Justin Biebers, and Pinks of the world or those who've said and supported certain things at my demographic's expense the way that Clint Eastwood, Quentin Tarantino, and Orson Scott Card have in the past, I'm in so many words, told to shut up and to stop complaining while those same people, in turn, come to me with their outrage looking to co-opt my support for their feminist issues, their gay-equality concerns, their immigration struggles, their passion for marijuana-legalization, or whatever else that might be of importance to them at the time. All while no one takes my issues seriously.

So, until my point of view and talking-points are respected in mutuality with those who feel like I should respect their's and take their's seriously, everyone can kiss my ass. No joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.