Saturday, July 24, 2010

Montage Series: "Journeyman" (Reboot).

"I die, you mourn, she comforts.... you and Katie, you don't come together unless Livia and Dan come together first. She filled a vacuum I created."

"So.... you could say your mission was to get us together?"

"I'm starting to wonder." - Livia Beale & Dan Vasser (Journeyman: 1x10 - "Blowback")


As I've stated on numerous ocassions before: I was a really, really, REALLY big fan of Journeyman when it premiered on NBC in late September of 2007. It wasn't long before the network screwed it all up by cancelling it after only thirteen episodes, but even with an amazing story cut short: I never forgot about the show, and it lingered with me for a whole year until my mom bought me the original-broadcast versions of the episodes on DVD for Christmas, in 2008, from a seller at ioffer.com (because the studios never released an official DVD for the show).

But, even with the series in my possession, I couldn't stop watching the episodes. I just LOVED the show way too much! I loved it so much, in fact, that I actually wrote a six-issue comic book script to close up the series in a more proper way.

When it comes to "Journeyman," there was just something in the way that it was done - like a surreal dream - which, I think, is what truly fascinated me the most about it. Everything from the substance-filled characters, to the smallest little details of their backstories, to the brilliant dialogue and chemistry that the actors all shared together: I've never been able to get the story of Dan Vasser, his adventures, and his supporting cast, out of my mind.

Behind the scenes, though, actually getting this rebooted montage series done, was a real bitch. The first series came out horrendously, so I was carfeul to do this one in a more tasteful and mature way (because I've grown better at doing these projects of mine since the days when the original montage series was done), but the biggest challenge came when my great-grandmother passed away - forcing me to take a week off from working on the photos for the series, and then the subsequent move from my old apartment (which was extremely exhausting) forced me, even further, to put the series on hold again for another three weeks.

Everything from getting decent screencaps, to making the new series a thing of it's own, and dealing with the fact that I didn't have much to work with (being that there were only thirteen episodes ever produced); each aspect of this particular series presented it's own unique challenge for me, but I pushed through it, as I always do.

And I hope, for those who also loved the show as much as I did, that you feel as if I've done these amazing-but-shortly-lived characters some sort of justice in this rebooted montage series of mine. I tried my best.

* (Note: "Everything Changes," this time around, was done after I'd already posted the majority of the series up on the blog, but it now acts as the first part of the two-part series concluder for the whole series, so don't pay the date any mind)

And, so: Without any further adieu....

Journeyman:

Dan Vasser: Lucky Man (Redux)

Katie Vasser: Another Round (Redux)

Livia Beale: Halo (Redux)


Series Concluder, Pt.1 - The Love of Dan & Katie Vasser: Everything Changes (Redux)

Series Concluder, Pt.2 - Time Changes Everything: Twisted Logic / In This Twilight


 photo danny120_zps3hkf1blj.jpg

Time changes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.