Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Marriage?

I think I've finally decided: I really, truly don't believe in marriage. It's a social entity that I've been neutral on for a long time but as I've gotten older and wiser, I've come to see things clearly. Y'know, I have a very strange and unique way of looking at the world, as most of you know by now, given my objective fact-based views of things as an atheist and writer so this should not come as a surprise to anyone really.

As an individual, myself, who changes - not drastically, but enough - from day to day, I find that it's mathematically impossible to stay in sync with another equally-evolvable human being for years, let alone decades. The divorce rate in the United States tells me all I need to know. I hypothesize that the only reason marriage worked in the more conservative era of yestermillenia was because of a lack of mobility, need for security, and the pressure to conform to then-social norms. The dynamics of the world have changed since then, so goodbye to all that if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.