Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog #1,000!!!

"Practice plus confidence equals success." - Dan Vasser


This is probably the most special landmark post that I'll ever write.... this is blog post #1,000!

Ever since I began using this blog page in October of 2006, I've been completely dedicated and committed to it. This page has been a massive part of my life for quite a while and I'm immensely proud of how very, very, very far it's come since it's inception. From my very first post, to my very first montage, and all the way up to this very moment as I sit here writing these very words: This blog page has been one of the most important things I've ever created.

For years to come, this page will surely be one of my crowning achievements, I'm sure, but all in all: It's been one hell of a ride getting to this point and I hope that all of you who've enjoyed this blog page will stick around to see what other tricks I've yet got up my sleeve for you guys to witness.

Thanks to everyone who's made the effort over the years to stop by this page for some reason or another, and most importantly: I want to thank everyone who's stuck with me through thick and thin ever since I started this page when I was only sixteen years old. It means a whole lot on a deeply personal level to me. So once more: Thank you.

Feeling wonderful as I finish this one-thousandth blog post, I thought it would be a nice little treat to take you guys on a sort of tour through the many eras of which this page has seen. But before I close this post up, I thought I'd keep the tradition of announcing my blog's current statistics as they stand as of right now....

Posts: 999

Comments: 1,598

Views: 26,300

Kudos: 790


 
Below are the significant posts of which this blog page has seen over the years....

Montage Compilations:

First Hundred: HERE

Second Hundred: HERE

"Saving Grace" Montage Mini-Series: HERE

"Supernatural" Crossover Montage Series: HERE

"Dramatic Film" Montage Series - Vol.1: HERE



Significant Montages:

Acrobat: HERE - The very first blog-montage in all of human history.

Heroes: HERE - My most favorite montage ever; also the very first montage to feature crossovers as it's main attraction.

Ghosts I - IV: HERE - First completely instrumental montage; also the first montage to feature an entire album in it's playlist.

Trouble: HERE - 100th Montage.

Angel: HERE - 200th Montage.

Lights In The Sky (V2): HERE - Created in memoriam to my great-grandmother a few hours after she passed away.

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These): HERE - First time I ever used the self-made "paradox" technique (setting up a sequence only to come full-circle by using it yet again at another point in the montage); also the first montage of the new decade.

The Line Begins To Blur / Beside You In Time: HERE - First "double-montage" to ever be created.

Wake Me Up When September Ends / Revolution / Pomp & Circumstances: HERE - First "triple-montage" ever created; also the one and only montage to ever be formatted as a play.

Sunday Bloody Sunday / Shoot To Thrill / The Fly / The Escapist: HERE - First "quadruple-montage" ever created.


(Notable Mention: Montages That I Just Can't Get Enough Of)


New York: HERE - My overall second-most-favorite montage ever.

Closer: HERE - First montage to deal with sex as it's main subject.

Take a Bow: HERE - First montage to ever feature a character's backstory in detail.

Learn To Fly / Boulevard of Broken Dreams: HERE - Second "double-montage" that I ever created.

Carry On Wayward Son / Fight The Good Fight: HERE - Final entry in the two-year-long "Supernatural" montage series.

Twisted Logic / In This Twilight: HERE - Final entry in the long-awaited reboot of the "Journeyman" montage series.



Miscellaneous-But-Memorable:


U2 360° Tour: 9/23/09 - Giants Stadium: HERE - Video compilation of the U2 concert that I had the pleasure of attending last year.

One Hell of a Decade, Pt.1: HERE - Part one of my life's story from 2000 - 2009.

One Hell of a Decade, Pt.2: HERE - Part two of my life's story from 2000 - 2009.

Miles: HERE - Chronicle of the roadtrip that my brother and I took to North Carolina last July. 

Mementoes For My Generation, Pt.1: HERE - Part one of the list of unique things of which I feel have come to pass for Generation Y.

Mementoes For My Generation, Pt.2: HERE - Part two of the list of unique things of which I feel have come to pass for Generation Y.

Mementoes For My Generation, Pt.3: HERE - Part three of the list of unique things of which I feel have come to pass for Generation Y.

Mementoes For My Generation, Pt.4: HERE - Part four of the list of unique things of which I feel have come to pass for Generation Y.

Mementoes For My Generation, Pt.5: HERE - Final part of the list of unique things of which I feel have come to pass for Generation Y.



Previous "Hundred-Post" Landmarks:

Post #50: HERE

Post #100: HERE

Post #200: HERE

Post #300: HERE

Post #400: HERE

Post #500: HERE

Post #600: HERE

Post #700: HERE

Post #800: HERE

Post #900: HERE

Once again: It's been one hell of a ride getting to this point.... and I just want to thank all of you so very much for sticking with this blog the way you have!

Here's to another thousand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Montages, the artform thereof, and all subsequent works featured on this blog page are owned by DaiQuan M. Cain and are subject to copyright (#185729-V) under the U.S. Copyright Law of 1976 & the U.S. Library of Congress. Any thievery, unauthorized usage, or infringement of said work(s) and copyright(s) will result in a fine of up to $250,000 or more.